Saturday 13 December 2014

The Top 40 Directors I have little/no experience with. (10-6)

The top ten is here.

10. Jim Jarmusch 



One of the most important filmmakers in American independent film, ever. With a long and illustrious career, I only surprised that I haven't gotten around to seeing this guy's work before now.

9. Werner Herzog



One of Rodger Eberts favorite filmmakers, and perhaps the most beloved documentarian of all time. With a career spanning five decades, I have a lot to get through with this one. However I have heard nothing but sparkling praise about this melancholic director.

8. Frerico Fellini



Il Maestro himself. With a record winning run of films, the most to ever win best foreign language film, and a unique blend of realism and surrealism, I am beyond enthused to witness one of history's most beloved filmmakers in action. Also, 8 1/2 seems like exactly the kind of film which may become a personal favourite.

7. Richard Linklater



I have a friend who insists the 'Before' trilogy will change my life. I am inclined to belive him on such matters. In addition, Boyhood (2014) has already been lauded as one of the greatest filmmaking achievements of the century. How can I not be curious?

6. Woody Allen



Possibly the most prolific director on this entire list, it is shocking that I have never found time to watch Annie Hall (1977). What can I say? It's Woody Allen, an all time legend of comedy and drama in American cinema.

Part 7 of 8
By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment