Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Top 40 Directors I have little/no experience with. (40-36)

In order to showcase my own ignorance, and to celebrate the vast number of wonderful and diverse filmmakers in the world, here is a list of the directors who I have almost no first-hand experience with. Ranked based on my desire to experience their work and my embarrassment at lacking this experience. In addition I have included the poster to the film from each of these directors I intend on starting with.


40. Michael Mann



Heat Movie Poster


Micheal Mann is at the bottom of this list mainly due to the fact that I have seen one of his films (Manhunter 1986). However I did highly enjoy Manhunter and have heard great things about some of his other works, I will get to Heat someday I swear.


39. Kar Wai Wong


The Grandmaster (2013) Poster


Mainly this low do to the fact that I have very little information on this filmmaker. However I do wish to dip into more Hong-Kong cinema, and The Grandmaster looks very interesting to me.

38. Jean Cocteau


La Belle et la BĂȘte (1946) Poster


Very interested in La Belle et la Bete, and early surrealist cinema. Also fascinated by the works of France's supposedly definitive post-war filmmaker.

37. Sergio Leone

Sergio Leone


Once again low o the list because I have seen one of his films already (The Good, the Bad and the ugly 1966). However I need to experience more of this wonderful filmmakers epic filmography.


36. Takashi Miike



The unpronounceably named mad genius of current Japanese cinema. His lust for violence and breaking taboos fascinates me greatly, especially the film that made him a cult icon. Audition.

Part 1 of 8
By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment