Friday 12 December 2014

The Top 40 Directors I have little/no experience with. (20-16)

This where the list gets really good.

20. Kim Jee-Woon

I Saw the Devil (2010) Poster

With a vast and acclaimed filmography, this guy is one of the most predominant rising stars in modern Asian cinema. Or so I am told at least. So many films from this guy that I need to see.

19. Gasper Noe



This filmmaker is perhaps one of the most daring working today. Although Irreversible is the film that people keep talking about (10 minute rape scene), it is the acid trip that has me fascinated. Very fascinating stuff.

18. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu



The filmmaker with the most recent film on this list. However aside from the highly acclaimed Birdman (2014), he posses a very interesting filmography. Sadly the only South American director on this list, a shame.

17. David Cronenberg

A History of Violence (2005) Poster

The king of body horror, and a mad genius of American independent cinema. One of the most prolific directors on this list, so I have a lot to get to.

16. John Ford



Here we have a grandmaster of classic cinema, and the progenitor of so many careers and film making techniques. I desperately need to see The Searchers (1956), not want, need.

Part 5 of 8
By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment