Thursday 11 December 2014

The Top 40 Directors I have little/no experience with. (25-21)

25. Krzysztof Kieslowski



I have heard that the three-colours trilogy is fantastic in every way. I am sure it is, I have high expectations. Not much more to say.

24. Jean-Luc Goddard

 

The crazy and radical wonderboy of the French New-Wave, an era which I have little experience with in general. A highly influential auteur with a long and adored filmography, quite intriguing.

23. Takeshi Kitano

 

A multi-talented and erratic mad genius. This is perhaps the director I am most surprised that I have not experienced before this point. I desperately want to step into this man's odd and undoubtedly brilliant mind. However, I have seen Battle Royale (2000) in which he plays a prominent acting role, so he is not a high as he could have been, as I do have some first-hand experience with this filmmaker.

22. Kathryn Bigelow



A highly significant director, if not only for being the first Woman to direct a Best-Picture winning movie, Hurt Locker (2009 [seriously? It took over 80 years? That is very worrying]). Her career is not only historically significant, but long and varied. I am certainly looking forward to seeing a horror/comedy/western.

21. Billy Wilder



The final director on this list whom I have already seen a movie from. Namely Some Like it Hot (1959). However despite this, Billy Wilder is perhaps the definitive icon of 'Old Hollywood' and perhaps the most acclaimed and revered American filmmaker of the time. Despite my past experience, I am hungry for more.

Part 4 of 8
By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment