Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Top 40 Directors I have little/no experience with. (35-31)

35. Jean-Pierre Jeunet



I will be honest, I have been told to watch Amelie so often that it has had the opposite effect. I have become less interested in seeing it. However I am sure I will love it when I see it, I am just less enthusiastic than I probably should be, That is why, this acclaimed master filmmaker is fairly low on the list.

34. Steve McQueen



This director is fairly low on the list, mainly because he is a relative newcomer. He has also only made three films to date, few when compared to some of the other directors on the list. However I am very fascinated by all three of them, and I am sure he will go on to have a great career in the future.

33. Sam Peckinpah



One of the men who helped to usher in the Hollywood new-wave. His movie Straw Dogs certainly looks like an emotional roller coaster in particular.

32. Roman Polanski



Perhaps one of the most acclaimed and diverse filmmakers of the last fifty years. Despite this however, I have seen one of his films already (Chinatown, 1974) and therefore I have decided to place him on the lower side of the list despite his massive filmmaking weight.

31. Steven Soderbergh



One of the kings of recent American independent cinema. Highly influential and with some very interesting films under his belt, defiantly interested in checking out.

Part 2 of 8
By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment