Thursday 26 February 2015

My Opinion of the Oscars 2015: Sound Editing/Sound Mixing

Sound Editing:

I don't feel too qualified in discussing this category, as I have only seen one nomination (Birdman). All I will say therefore is Nightcrawler's inventive use of music ques and the snappy pace of it's dialogue was perhaps worthy of a nomination. Overall however, I'm not really qualified to discuss this category.

Sound Mixing:

In this category I can safely say that Whiplash was a worthy victor, with a perfectly balanced soundtrack and exceptional use of sound throughout. It was pretty much the clear victor in the segment due to it's ending alone, and the sheer importance of sound within that film. Otherwise the nominations seem solid enough.

By Jack D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment