Thursday 1 January 2015

Top 5 Most anticipated films of 2015

Honestly, only a small selection of film's have got me intrigued in 2015. I am sure that the great film's of this year will make themselves known in time. However for the time being, these are 5 films which I am looking forward to being released in 2015:

(Note: Only films confirmed to be releasing in 2015 count, films that are suspected or rumored to be releasing this year do not. This is not a judge of quality, these films are not out yet. Honorable mentions are Tomorrowland, because I know too little about it despite my love of Brad Bird and Hateful Eight, because of my lack of interest in Tarantino )

5. Chappie




I know fairly little about this one. However the concept is amusing, the cast fairly interesting, and the use of motion-capture in a starring role sounds interesting. Also the IMDB blurb is very funny.

4. Inside Out




With the recent acclaim of Big Hero 6, the long heralded second Disney Renaissance may be upon us. With six mostly acclaimed animated films in a row, the mouse seems to be back on top. With justified hype and a very interesting concept, consider me intrigued as to whether or not they can make a seventh gem.

3. Spectre




Skyfall was a very good action movie, among the best in 2012 (a year of many quality action films). With Mendez, Craig and Fiennes returning, the prospects for this film are high. The idea of resurrecting concepts from 'classic' Bond also intrigues me as somebody who has little exposure to the older Bond films.

2. Crimson Peak

 

I adore Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth is one of my all time favourite films), and so his latest horror release looks very interesting to me. In addition, I find Tom Hiddleston to be an entertaining performer and although I am more concerned by Mia Wasikowska, she did star in the absolutely phenomenal Stoker in 2013.  

1. Knight of Cups




I love Christian Bale to death and although I have only just begun to experience Terrence Malick's work, I have greatly enjoyed what I have seen of his thus far. The trailer for this film totally blew my mind, and the concept of making a film with no written dialogue (all improve) is a mindblwoing concept. This film may turn out to be pretentious tripe, as some say much of Malick's recent work is, however I am at the very least, very interested from what I have seen thus far.

By Jack D. Phillips
A Zoom Film List

No comments:

Post a Comment