Tuesday 3 March 2015

My Opinion of the Oscars 2015: Best Original Score/Best Original Song

Original Score:

Very confused as to why neither Birdman or Whiplash were nominated as they both had exceptional soundtracks. In addition Under the Skin has possibly the most overlooked soundtrack of the year. Despite this however I would still say that The Grand Budapest Hotel was a solid victor, although probably not my first choice for this award.

Original Song:

Having listened to every nomination I would now say that I'm not gonna miss you was probably my favourite of the bunch and was actually a pretty great song. The rest were all fairly bland with the exception of Everything is Awesome, which is a very clever and fun little song. Either of these songs I've mentioned would have been worthy, so I'm slightly disappointed that John Legend won with his forgettable credit closer.

By Jack D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment